By Kyle Rose, RD, LD
Weight loss surgery means a change in your lifestyle, including your diet. Once your doctor has cleared you to start eating solid foods, you’ll have some changes to make in the kinds of foods you eat to help keep you on track on your weight loss journey.
The best foods to eat following weight loss surgery are high in protein and low in fat and sugar. The Nicholson Clinic is devoted to helping our patients develop a healthy lifestyle post surgery. Here is a delicious post-surgery recipe.
High Protein Key Lime Pie
Makes 6 servings of 1/2 cup each
1 small box sugar-free key lime jello
1/4 c. water
1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt
2 scoops unflavored protein powder
Sugar-free whipped topping (optional)
1. Heat water until it is hot, but not boiling.
2. Put jello powder in a bowl and pour the hot water on top of the crystals. Let it sit while you gather the other ingredients.
3. Put the plain yogurt and the protein powder into the bowl and blend.
4. Pour into 1/2 cup ramekins or other smaller containers to set.
5. Top with a small dollop of the sugar-free whipped topping, if desired
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): 75 calories, 15 grams of protein, 3 g total carb