Weight loss surgery means a change in your lifestyle, including your diet. Once your doctor has cleared you to start eating solid foods, you’ll have some changes to make in the kinds of foods you eat to help keep you on track on your weight loss journey.
The best foods to eat following weight loss surgery are high in protein and low in fat and sugar. The Nicholson Clinic is devoted to helping our patients develop a healthy lifestyle post surgery. Here is a nutritious and delicious post-surgery recipe.
Makes: 12 servings
6 large eggs
12 slices pre-cooked turkey bacon (sliced into thirds)
¾ cup shredded low fat Swiss or Monterey jack cheese
½ cup 1% milk
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place 3 bacon pieces in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all ingredients until well blended, except for ¼ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Fill each muffin cup with ¼ cup of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle extra ¼ cup of cheese on top across muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Serving size: 1 muffin; 98 calories; 7g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 1g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 1g sugar; 8g protein