The decision to undergo weight loss surgery is not an easy one to make. While weight loss surgery can help you lose weight and live a healthier life, it isn’t a quick fix, and it’s not for everyone.
If you’ve been thinking about weight loss surgery, here are 10 questions you may want to ask your doctor before you make the decision.
- Is weight loss surgery a good option for me?
- Are there other weight loss options I should try first?
- What are the different types of weight loss surgery?
- What are the pros and cons of each choice?
- What is the difference in scarring, pain and recovery after surgery for each of the different types of weight loss procedure?
- Which type of weight loss surgery is the best option to help me lose weight and keep it off?
- Are there things I can do before having surgery to lower my risk of complications?
- How can weight loss surgery help me overcome my existing health conditions? (Ex: diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or sleep apnea)
- How can I prepare myself mentally for surgery?
- What will the recovery period be like after surgery? Will my activities be limited?
Every individual is truly unique, so there is not a one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to your weight loss and health. At the Nicholson Clinic, we specialize in finding the right weight loss solution for each person. Discussing these questions with your doctor, or during your consultation with a weight loss surgeon will help you make the decision that is best for you.
If you are considering weight loss surgery, the Nicholson clinic offers several resources to help you make your decision.