Weight loss isn’t just a physical battle; it is also mental and emotional. Healthy Mind, Healthy Body is the behavioral modification link to weight loss. To be healthy physically, you must be healthy mentally.
Our behavioral continuum of care for surgical and non-surgical weight loss patients dives into the mental and behavioral aspects of weight loss. We offer:
- Health and Lifestyle Change Intervention - Behavior modification classes teaching skills and strategies to lose weight and keep it off through expert support and accountability.
- Support Groups - A venue where patients can interact with others, hear from guest speakers, and ask questions of our behavioral support staff.
- Individual Treatment - Intensive one-on-one treatment for psychological or behavioral problems.
- Pre-Surgical Psychological Evaluation - This evaluation fulfills insurance requirements for weight loss surgery and will prepare patients for surgery and identify any factors that may inhibit successful weight loss.
Dr. Nicholson & Dr. Ashmore discuss overcoming psychological barriers to weight loss. April 27, 2016
Our team of behavioral health experts includes:
- Baylor Plano (Covered by Insurance)
- Dr. Jay Ashmore, PhD
- Dr. Elaine Hess. PhD
TelePsych (Cash Pay)
Dr. Jamile A. Ashmore has over a decade of experience working with individuals struggling with weight related issues. He obtained his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from The Ohio State University and completed his clinical training at Duke University. Dr. Ashmore currently works as a clinician and researcher on the biopsychosocial aspects of chronic disease and as Clinical Assistant Professor at SMU.